As we conclude the year 2020, our community here at The Beale Group is continually reflecting upon opportunities to support and empower local businesses—including, most recently, vital opportunities as a result of our global health crisis and shelter-in-place regulations.
With new ways of living and working, we find ourselves with an ongoing need for quick tips and tricks to entertain family for safe and local fun.
With decades of experience, and years serving our neighborhood in Sebastopol, we have established a roundup of our top five recommendations for safe, local family fun and entertainment.
1. Jenner Headlands On a 26-mile jaunt and less than 60-minute excursion from Sebastopol, Jenner Headlands tops the list with its scenic drive and coastal views. This outdoor oasis overlooks the Pacific Ocean and features 5,360 acres of safe, outdoor fun. This local spot will provide the deep breath of fresh air we all crave while helping us all relieve any indoor fatigue as there is plenty of space to physically distance while taking in the beautiful grounds.
2. Rivers End Restaurant To complete your day on the coast, we highly recommend a beautiful sunset at Rivers End! During times like these, incredible views of nature comfort and uplift. Rivers End brings hospitality and happiness together in this thoughtful, bright restaurant with sights overlooking the intersection of Russian River and the Pacific Coast. Experience fine dining featuring seasonal menus made with locally-sourced ingredients by culinary experts that have studied with world-renowned chefs from Barcelona to Napa. Rivers End is open daily from 1PM to 6PM for takeout orders and deck picnics. Please visit their website to order and consult for status updates before planning your itinerary.
3. Doran Regional Park While campgrounds are closed until after January 9, 2021, Doran Regional Park features a two-mile stretch of beach which is the perfect local gem for family fun; it provides access for various outdoor activities—including walking, fishing, kayaking, and more. Typical park hours are from 7AM to sunset and there is a $7 non-member fee for parking. Please consult with the website for status updates before planning your itinerary.
4. Ragle Ranch State Park Ragle Ranch Regional Park in west Sebastopol features soccer and softball fields, tennis courts, sand volleyball courts, a playground, off-leash dog park, peace garden, and group and individual picnic sites with barbecues. The park is noted for its beautiful oaks and includes backcountry trails along the prime bird-watching habitat of Atascadero Creek. A perfect spot for to spend the afternoon with family.
5. Andy’s Grocery Whether you begin or end with Andy’s Grocery, its fresh, local produce has remained a community champion here in Sebastopol for over 55 years. In a time like now, it is increasingly important to support one another by frequenting shops like these that are a very special part of our unique business offerings. Shop this family-owned, open-air market by picking up fresh produce and natural foods for your home or an outdoor picnic. Currently, Andy’s is open from 8:00AM to 8:00PM. Please consult with the website for status updates and operating hours before planning your itinerary.